Temporary Emergency Access to Occupied Residential Apartment Procedure for Contracted Sites Only, During the COVID 19 Situation
All are fully aware of the unprecedented situation we now find ourselves in which is changing daily. That said there will still be an expectation and need for DMG Delta Ltd to attend individual apartments due to loss of service, significant faults or leaks.
We have looked at all advice and guidelines that will allow us to provide this level of emergency service for our Contracted Clients, which will provide reassurance with all the additional control measures that are both reasonable and practicable to protect our engineers and residents in these difficult times.
The additional control measures must be adopted by all involved to include the occupants of the apartment, without this later cooperation from the occupant we cannot enter regardless of the nature of the call out.
The steps for the Managing Agent to adopt in order to generate a call out in these circumstances and be aware of:
- We will only attend contracted clients and sites.
- A call from the managing agent or building owner will be a requirement which must be followed by an e-mailed instruction.
- No attendance will be made without an e-mailed instruction from the managing agent or building owner confirming we are to attend.
- Should your systems require an issued PO this must be received prior to attendance.
- We are unable to confirm whether the attending personnel are not contagious.
- We will not accept a request to attend direct from a tenant, only via the Managing Agent.
Due to the heightened control measures required, onetime use PPE and associated time involved we have no option but to have a set fee for working hour call outs, and unfortunately slightly increase Out of Hours call outs. All contracted clients will have received an email with further details of the amended charges.
The procedure steps below will be adopted by our office team and engineers, please note steps in bold which must be in place via the Managing Agent and apartment occupants.
On receipt of the call out the office or On Call Manager needs to ascertain if the apartment is occupied and in self-isolation for precautionary or symptom-based reasons.
If yes caller/client to be advised that we can attend subject to the following requirements:
- On arrival, the occupants must all move to a room that can be closed off to ensure social distancing prior to the engineer fully entering the apartment and remain there until such time as the emergency is rectified, or made safe for further works. An approximate ETA to be provided and engineers name. Contact number for occupant to be taken.
Office to raise job in normal way, provide full information to the attending engineer and confirm engineer has with him required PPE and note on job as:
- Has disposable gloves.
- Has disposable overalls.
- Has clean down wipes and sanitiser/soap.
- Note-social distancing removes need for face mask.
For OOH call outs, all above less raising of job on SV.
Once on-site engineer to contact occupant on number provided and advise he/she is on site. Request confirmation of fault symptoms for clarity and diagnosis over phone. Advise occupant to open front door and move to a room away from work area for everyone’s safe social distancing as per guidelines.
Engineer to don PPE prior to apartment entry.
Assess all steps required of occupant have been undertaken as detailed prior to full entry. Should this not be the case the attending engineer is to politely refuse to access the apartment and inform the office or On Call Manager immediately.
Subject to Step 4, undertake works whilst in required PPE to completion in the normal way. Any discussion with the occupant to inform of actions to be via mobile or through closed door. Complete PDA report external to the apartment. Contact office or On Call Manager on completion and dispose of PPE as required.
DMG Delta Ltd
Covid 19 has had a significant impact on everyone, and set to be this way for some time. At DMG Delta Ltd we have adjusted how we work to ensure as far as possible we can still provide the high level of service we always have given our clients over the years, whilst ensuring the safety of our staff and clients at all times via social distancing or specific procedures that are both practicable and suitable.
Within guidelines we are still providing maintenance and a call out service to ensure crucial services are still maintained and functioning safely.
Working hours have not been affected and our office number, direct dials and e-mails remain in operation.
We have introduced at our head office a working from home policy where we can, but also retain staff in the office environment to manage and control on a daily basis.
We’ll continue to closely monitor the situation and follow government guidelines.
We wish you well during these unprecedented times and will continue to provide a high level of service to clients.
DMG Delta Ltd
Coronavirus Company Plan
As coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) continues to spread, we would like to explain how we are responding to the global health crisis.
Coronavirus Business Continuity
- We have robust contingency plans in place and a dedicated team who are responsible for monitoring the situation and implementing the plans as necessary.
- We have implemented the advice of the authorities across our offices, as well as put measures in place to ensure our mobile workers are compliant.
- If you are aware of infection in your immediate area, and we have an engineer or representative due to visit you in the coming days, please help us contain the virus by informing us prior to the visit. In these instances, we may have to make alternative arrangements.
Working from Home
- The majority of our office systems and services are cloud based.
- We do not need to be in our office locations in order to fully support our services.
- We have a VoIP platform that enables staff to make/receive calls from home, so there will be no disruption to our ability to take service calls from customers.
- All employees will have personal or company laptops available if required, using secure connections and two factor authentication.
Coronavirus Communication to Employees
- We are using our own company intranet site to keep our employees updated:
- Displaying a live news feed from BBC News – Health
- Prominently showing best practice advice for hygiene
- Coronavirus awareness video
- Keeping a more formal Q&A updated with common questions that we see being directed at our management teams
- Where travel is required, all precautions will be considered.
- UK Government’s guidance on specified countries and areas.
- Video conferences will replace meetings where possible (incl external visitors to our office).
- We are following NHS guidance specifically:
- Symptoms and preventing spread
- Self identification
Self-isolation will take place when any member of the company has been:
- Exhibiting symptoms
- In receipt of medical advice to self-isolate
- Confirmed as being in contact with a coronavirus carrier; or
- Visiting a restricted area in the last 14 days for any reason
We wish you all the very best in your business, and trust this disruption is short-lived for the benefit of all.
Finalist at this year’s H&V News Awards
We are delighted to announce that DMG Delta have been shortlisted as a finalist at this year’s H&V News Awards for the category ‘District Heating Project of the Year’.
The H&V News Awards are known as the biggest HVAC event within the UK. It gives all attendees the opportunity to network with existing and new clients, with them all being under one roof they can share insight and discuss any challenges they have recently come across within the heating and ventilation industry.
In 2019 the awards had over 900 attendees and this year they are hoping to exceed those numbers.
Now it’s been confirmed that we have been shortlisted it is straight onto the next step within the judging process – a 20 minute presentation providing the panel with details on our company, our project and why we feel we deserve to win!
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on Thursday 30th April 2020.
Best of luck to all involved.
NOTB Property Management Award WINNERS!!!
It brings HUGE pride to announce that DMG Delta won the Specialist Services Contractor of the Year Award at the NOTB Property Management Awards 2019.
We were up against some very tough competition but are delighted that all of our hard work, and the effort of the team allowed us to bring the trophy home!
“Well done” to all the winners on the evening, and “thank you” to News on the Block for a wonderful evening.