Due to company expansion, an opportunity has arisen for a HVAC Estimator.
This is a pivotal and developing position within the Operations Team of DMG Delta, which calls for an experienced and progressive building services Estimator to maintain and encourage client trust and confidence in the company generally and the products it provides. The job holder will be an established, career-conscious professional, who will be able to provide detailed interpretation of works required to ensure correct materials and resources complete with costings are generated via our CAFM system and passed onto the client within acceptable time scales.
The job holder will be expected to complete electronic quotes that inform the client of works or actions required, the priority of works, any safety or compliance concerns, any impact on services, and practical solutions with no ambiguous statements.
Salary: Up to £45,000
Hours: 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday (40 hours per week)
Job Type: Permanent
- Company events
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Casual dress
- Free onsite gym and tennis court
- Free onsite parking
Principal Accountabilities and Tasks:
- Generate quotations as they arise daily or tasked by the line manager, prioritizing urgent enquiries that may lead to service disruptions from Engineer(s) reports working under and assisting the Contracts Manager-Estimator responsible for delivery.
- Any delays in issuing a quotation outside of DMG control, such as parts or supplier information, ensure the client is advised of the delay so that expectations are met or understood.
- Identify and escalate any Health, Safety, or Welfare concerns noted that need to be addressed to undertake works escalating to the line manager.
- Identify from reports any potential compliance concerns that may affect both DMG and Client, escalating to line manager.
- Before the issue of a quotation, check site history and records for similar or same quote not already accepted, inform the line manager
- Be aware of any site trends noted that require further investigation by the allocated Contract Manager or Operations Manager.
- Ensure financial outcomes of an accepted quotation meet company expectations on margins.
- Develop supplier relationships to always ensure the best price and delivery are always obtained within company guidelines.
- Ensure on quote acceptance that the Helpdesk has all required information regarding but not limited to: Time, Resource, Materials, Supplier, Part numbers, Equipment, disruptions to service, additional safety or compliance issues required, any customer notes or specific requirements for the works to be raised and scheduled in for completion.
- Under the direction of the Line Manager chase up quotes with the client within 14 days for non-urgent quotes and 7 days for urgent quotes. Keeping records up to date on CAFM systems.
- Under the direction of the line manager be responsible for the generation of quotations resulting from HIU service periods and call-outs. (Specific training to be provided). Ensure relevant Contract Manager and Operations Manager are informed and updated.
- Provide an Office-based resource as required throughout the week.
- Effectively prioritize any client complaints appropriately, ensuring all details are recorded and escalated to the Operations Manager as they arise.
- You must be living and authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position
- Driving Licence (required)
- Trade qualification, i.e. electrical/gas/mechanical (preferred)
- Estimator experience: 1 year (preferred)
- HVAC experience: 1 year (preferred)