Due to company expansion, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Pipe Fitter/Mechanical Engineer to carry out PPM and reactive activities to a variety of commercial premises, mostly within the M25 area. There is full technical support and scheduling of works from our office base near Stansted. As providers of 24/7/365 call out services, all engineers form part of this on a rotational basis and is a key element of the job.
Salary:Up to £42,000 and over time
Hours: 8am – 5pm
Job Type: Permanent
Location of work: Central and Greater London within M25 area
Head Office: Bishops Stortford
Call Out Rota: Approximately 1 week in 7
Overtime rate: 1.5 or double time plus standby allowance of £150
- Competitive salary
- Welcome bonus
- Loyalty bonus
- Christmas bonus
- On call payment
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Sickness insurance scheme
- Life insurance
- Fully equipped van less than 3 years old
- Uniform, phone, tablet, fuel card, parking credit card
- Training and development
- Tech desk support
- Mobile Heating, commercial pipe fitter/mechanical engineer. Experience of wet system in both modern, large residential blocks and commercial buildings running from a central plant room. A highly varied job.
- Understanding of both gravity and pressurised, single, two pipe, ladder and district distribution systems.
- Pipe work from ½” to 4” covering galv, iron, steel, copper, plastic, composite etc, to include mapres or similar systems.
- Working knowledge of pumps, pressure and expansion vessels, DMZ valves, basic mechanical maintenance of plate exchangers, strainers, side stream filtration systems.
- Ability to fault find on building related heating, hot and cold water distribution problems.
- Works may involve emergency repairs, breaking out of walls and floors to access pipe work.
- Role will involve planned mechanical maintenance on non-electrical or gas systems, with a high proportion of reactive and quoted works, which may involve minor domestic plumbing in residential apartments, typically radiator and valve problems, crossover chasing and rectification etc.
- You must be living and authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position.
- You will also need to be living within commutable distance to Central London.
- Full Driving Licence is essential plus clear DBS check.
DMG Delta is a well-established and growing organisation within the HVAC industry, with a a prestigious variety of contracts covering London and the Home Counties. The company was awarded the SILVER Investors in People accreditation in 2020 which means that we successfully lead, motivate and support staff.