All are fully aware of the unprecedented situation we now find ourselves in which is changing daily. That said there will still be an expectation and need for DMG Delta Ltd to attend individual apartments due to loss of service, significant faults or leaks.
We have looked at all advice and guidelines that will allow us to provide this level of emergency service for our Contracted Clients, which will provide reassurance with all the additional control measures that are both reasonable and practicable to protect our engineers and residents in these difficult times.
The additional control measures must be adopted by all involved to include the occupants of the apartment, without this later cooperation from the occupant we cannot enter regardless of the nature of the call out.
The steps for the Managing Agent to adopt in order to generate a call out in these circumstances and be aware of:
- We will only attend contracted clients and sites.
- A call from the managing agent or building owner will be a requirement which must be followed by an e-mailed instruction.
- No attendance will be made without an e-mailed instruction from the managing agent or building owner confirming we are to attend.
- Should your systems require an issued PO this must be received prior to attendance.
- We are unable to confirm whether the attending personnel are not contagious.
- We will not accept a request to attend direct from a tenant, only via the Managing Agent.
Due to the heightened control measures required, onetime use PPE and associated time involved we have no option but to have a set fee for working hour call outs, and unfortunately slightly increase Out of Hours call outs. All contracted clients will have received an email with further details of the amended charges.
The procedure steps below will be adopted by our office team and engineers, please note steps in bold which must be in place via the Managing Agent and apartment occupants.
On receipt of the call out the office or On Call Manager needs to ascertain if the apartment is occupied and in self-isolation for precautionary or symptom-based reasons.
If yes caller/client to be advised that we can attend subject to the following requirements:
- On arrival, the occupants must all move to a room that can be closed off to ensure social distancing prior to the engineer fully entering the apartment and remain there until such time as the emergency is rectified, or made safe for further works. An approximate ETA to be provided and engineers name. Contact number for occupant to be taken.
Office to raise job in normal way, provide full information to the attending engineer and confirm engineer has with him required PPE and note on job as:
- Has disposable gloves.
- Has disposable overalls.
- Has clean down wipes and sanitiser/soap.
- Note-social distancing removes need for face mask.
For OOH call outs, all above less raising of job on SV.
Once on-site engineer to contact occupant on number provided and advise he/she is on site. Request confirmation of fault symptoms for clarity and diagnosis over phone. Advise occupant to open front door and move to a room away from work area for everyone’s safe social distancing as per guidelines.
Engineer to don PPE prior to apartment entry.
Assess all steps required of occupant have been undertaken as detailed prior to full entry. Should this not be the case the attending engineer is to politely refuse to access the apartment and inform the office or On Call Manager immediately.
Subject to Step 4, undertake works whilst in required PPE to completion in the normal way. Any discussion with the occupant to inform of actions to be via mobile or through closed door. Complete PDA report external to the apartment. Contact office or On Call Manager on completion and dispose of PPE as required.
DMG Delta Ltd